You can practice your Pilates while you are standing in your daily life. Standing Pilates may be an option for those of you who may have certain medical conditions that make it painful to put pressure on the shoulders, wrists or hips.
Check with your doctor first.
While you are standing in line at the checkout you can bring your attention back to your breath, your posture. You can be mindful of where your feet hips and shoulders are positioned.
There are also exercises developed to practice Pilates in the standing position.
Exercises that you may be familiar with such as leg circles, spine stretch, and spine twist can be performed in the standing position.
Ask your instructor to show you a couple of standing Pilates exercises.
Here are some of the benefits of STANDING PILATES
1. Improved posture in a standing position.
2. You are standing as you go about your daily activities therefore you will connect your mind to your body.
3. If you find it uncomfortable to be on the floor this may be the ideal way for you to practice some Pilates.
4. Improved balance. You can can hold on to something if you feel that you will lose your balance.
5. Step it up when you are confident with a leg circle and close your eyes. See how your balance is challenged.
*** Do not close your eyes if your balance is not good.***
If you perform some Pilates in a standing position it will enable your brain to focus and connect with good posture and movement in an upright position. After all we are standing most of the day. Our bodies need to be strong and functioning correctly when we stand, walk and move through our day.
to find out how you can create your very own website! You can read the
success stories and how to make your dream of owning a website come